Thursday, October 18, 2012

First Hair Length Check


Hey All!

It’s been six months since my semi-big chop. On a previous post I uploaded pics of my hair chopping.  I’ve never been really concerned about cutting my hair because it always seems to grow back rather quickly. However, I had never considered doing a length check to measure its growth.

I must disclose that I did take Biotin for about three weeks. Biotin also known as Vitamin H is taken to promote healthy hair and nail growth. After being on the supplement I noticed my face started breaking out. Yikes! I hadn’t had that much acne as a teenager! So I immediately cut out the Biotin and a new make-up primer I’d recently purchased. I did further research on some natural hair care forums where other (not many) naturals also noticed major breakouts after starting Biotin. Boo...

Anyway…to be honest, I don’t think the Biotin had any effect on the rate of my hair growth.  Not sure if I had taken it long enough to make a difference. 

Back to the length check J. Check out the pics below. The first pic is from April 2012 when I had the semi-big chop done. The second pic is a wash-n-go from early June 2012. And the last pic is from October 8, 2012 after being freshly washed and conditioned. 





Wow! Would ya look at that growth after six months! And look at that shrinkage! Shrinkage doesn't bother me like it does others. But that's a post for another time...maybe

My plan is to do another length check in three months. The next time I post pics I’ll add measurements of my hair in inches.

Until Next Time,

Gaye Suzette

2 comments: