Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Second Chop

Hey All,
This post was supposed to go out weeks ago. Unfortunately, I lost the love of my life, my precious mother, on June 14, 2012. I’m dedicating this post to her. She’s given me so much in life, including my thick and beautiful mane of hair.






I’m back to reveal my second chop. Joanne cut about another two inches off to give me the desired look I was going for. Our goal was to get rid of as many of the remaining straight ends as possible. I would say about 95% of them are done away with…Yaaaaaay!!!
I didn’t have time to go through each step of my new routine. Life is a little crazy right about now. (I’ll come back at a later date to show you my daily routine.) I did away with using the Cantu curling cream. In its place I’m using an all natural-vegan conditioner, Desert Essence in Shea Butter, available at Whole Foods. The conditioner is enhancing my natural curls just as good, perhaps better, than the Cantu curling cream.

Below are pics of my hair after showering and hours after it’s dried. It usually takes a good 3 – 4 hours for my hair to dry because it’s so thick. Deciding to start this journey in the spring has worked out really well for me since I live in the northeast area of the country. The temperature is usually around the low to mid 60s in the mornings and go up to the high 70s to 80s.


                              
For the first time in my life I have wash and go hair! J And the best part of this journey, when it’s raining outside I have no worries of my hair frizzing up after I’ve spent a couple of hours blow drying and straightening it.
Thanks for checking out Sistah Curl Journey! Don’t forget, I’ll be back later to give you a step by step play of how I get my curly look. And please, tell your mother you love her!
Gaye Suzette

2 comments:

  1. Gaye, this is a wonderfully awesome tribute to Mom Riddick's. Girl, you encourage and inspire me. I have been natural ever since the first RSJ, but I a still working on my courage and nerve to follow I your footsteps and chop, chop, chop! I am not sure I will ever get there, but watching and following you truly make me want to chop, chop, chop. I love being natural, but don't always know what to do with my mane when it is in my favorite style stuffed twists!
    I will continue to follow you and remain encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dee! Thanks for checking out this post! I know mommy would have loved this tribute. :) As far as the chopping goes...do a little at a time until you get the desired look you're going for. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete